LIVE AND WORK IN THE UNITED STATES – Diversity Visa Program – APPLY TODAY – 2024-25
The Diversity Visa Program has been running successfully since 1994, and every year, many participants come a little closer to their American dream. Filling out the application form is the first step – but what data must be included in the application and what comes next?
The Electronic Green Card Program is officially called the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program, popularly known as the Green Card Program. Which makes up to 55,000 immigrant visas available through random selection. The program allows those from countries with low immigration rates to the United States; to enter for chance to apply for a U.S. immigrant visa.
To apply for this visa, follow the steps on the Diversity Visa Program website. Please also click on DV Instructions for specific and updated guidance. To win a Green Card via the Green Card Program, you must follow all of the 16 steps listed below, but don’t worry we will assist you with the entire process.
All steps are very important, which is all the more reason why you should always use a professional immigration service like US Green Card Office to avoid your application being disqualified. Our applicants from all over the world regularly ask us about the steps involved in getting a Green Card via the USA Green Card Lottery, also known as the Diversity Visa Program or the America Visa Lottery.
Applying isn’t necessarily difficult, but there are some essential steps that applicants must follow very carefully to get the best chance of being selected and eventually moving to the United States.
The benefits of getting the UNITED STATES – Diversity Visa Program
Immigration to America can open many opportunities. If you plan to obtain quality higher education or wish to have access to the best healthcare services, a permanent United States residency is for you.
If you want to become a citizen later, your prospects for the future will be even better. Green Card holders also qualify for Social Security which grants United States citizens certain privileges. It provides the following benefits:
- Medical and disability insurance
- Child care assistance
- Rewarding retirement plans
- Support for seniors
Once you obtain a Green Card via the United States Diversity Visa Program, you will be able to find a better job as well. Permanent residents can build careers in almost any company.
DV UNITED STATES – Diversity Visa Program Lottery Process 2024-25
- To register for the DV Lottery, you must provide the following information:
- Last name, first name(s)
- Date, place, and country of birth
- Passport information (number, country of issue, and expiry date of the passport)
- Marital status
- if applicable, information on children and spouse
- Photo (of yourself and any dependents)
- The highest degree of education
Submit an Entry
There is a limited period during which you can register for the Diversity Immigrant Visa (DV) Program during each fiscal year. Each year, the Department of State publishes detailed instructions for entering the DV Program
All entries must be submitted electronically on the Electronic Diversity Visa (E-DV) website during the specified registration period. No late entries or paper entries are accepted.
Selection of Applicants
Each year, the Department of State randomly selects Diversity Immigrant Visa (DV) applicants from all registered entries based on allocations of available visas in each region and country. On or about May 7, 2022, information on the Entrant Status Check on the Electronic Diversity.
If your entry is selected, you will be directed to a confirmation page that will provide further instructions, including information on fees connected with immigration to the United States.
If You Are Selected
Selected entrants are encouraged to complete the online DS-260 application immediately to schedule an interview appointment at the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
Confirm Your Qualifications
The Diversity Immigrant Visa (DV) Program requires the principal DV applicant to have a high school education, or its equivalent, or two years of qualifying work experience as defined under provisions of U.S. law.
If you do not have either the required education or qualifying work experience, you are not eligible for a diversity visa. (Only you, as the principal applicant, must meet this requirement. Your spouse and children do not have to meet this requirement.)
You should consider not pursuing a DV application if you do not meet the qualifying education or work experience requirements explained below as you may not be eligible for a diversity visa and any fees you pay for the visa application will not be refunded.
- High School Education: A high school education means successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to a 12-year course in the United States.
- Work Experience: If you qualify for work experience, you must have two years of experience in the last five years, in an occupation which, by the U.S.
- Passport Requirement: Beginning with entries for DV-2021, the Department of State’s regulations require all entrants to provide a valid passport number at the time of DV entry, unless they are unable to obtain a passport and fall under one of three limited exemptions. The passport must be valid for international travel.
- Submit Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application
The principal applicant and all family members applying for a diversity visa program must complete Form DS-260. You will need to enter your DV case number into the online DS-260 form to access and update the information about yourself and your family that you included in your DV entry.
- Submit Supporting Documents
Until further notice, DV selectees are not required to submit supporting documents to the KCC; selectees are still required to submit the DS-260 application form. See Diversity Visa 2023 Update for more information.
- Birth Certificates
- Court and Prison Records
- Military Records
- Police Certificates
- Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page
After the Kentucky Consular Center has reviewed your completed DS-260, you may receive an e-mail from KCC to let you know that an interview has been scheduled at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate you selected on your DS-260 form. The e-mail will instruct you to log into the Entrant Status Check on the Electronic Diversity Visa (E-DV) website, using your DV entry confirmation number, to view the date, time, and location of your interview.
Prepare for the UNITED STATES – Diversity Visa Program Interview
You should prepare for your interview thoroughly and carefully. Failure to be fully prepared for your interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate can result in delay or denial of your visa application.
Carefully Review your scheduling information in the Entrant Status Check on the E-DV website, noting the date, time, and location of your immigrant visa interview.
Review U.S. Embassy or Consulate Interview Instructions.
- Schedule and Complete a Medical Examination.
- Gather Photographs and All Remaining Required Documents Photographs.
- Required Documentation
Each applicant will be required to present the following:
- Appointment information.
- DS-260 confirmation page.
- Original documents or certified copies.
- Evidence of Required DV Qualifying Education or Work Experience
- Deportation Documentation
- Marriage Certificate
- Marriage Termination Documentation
- Custody Documentation
- Review Additional Information
Who Must Attend the Interview?
You, your spouse, and any qualified unmarried children immigrating with you must participate in the interview.
What to Bring to the Interview
- Appointment Letter
- DS-260 Confirmation Page
- Medical Exam Results
- Original and Supporting Documents –
- English Translations
- Visa Fees
After the UNITED STATES – Diversity Visa Program Interview
- Visa approval – When approved, you will be informed how and when your passport and visa will be returned to you.
- Visa denial – If denied, you will be informed why you are ineligible to receive a visa.
Visa Approval – When You Receive Your Visa
- Passport with Visa.
- Sealed Immigrant Packet.
- USCIS Immigrant Fee.
- Vaccination Records.
Finally Entering the United States
- When you are a Permanent Resident.
- Social Security Number.
About Visa Denials
- Not sufficient information is needed to process your application to a conclusion.
- Some applications may require additional administrative processing after the interview before the application can be processed to a conclusion.
- Based on U.S. law, not everyone who applies is qualified or eligible for a visa to come to the United States.
How to apply for the united STATES – Diversity Visa Program 2024-25?
Visit the official lottery website https://dvprogram.state.gov/
The page will appear as follows:
- Entry Instructions.
- Photo Specifications / Photo Instructions.
- Entry Form.
Then start entering your personal information about you.
- Date of birth: month/day/year.
- The city in which you were born.
- The country in which you were born.
Upload the personal photo: it must be clear, not dark, not colored, and not under effects and modifications. It is forbidden to photograph with glasses.
Address: home address / city / territory – governorate / zip code.
Your latest educational status.
Add if your marriage or not and the number of children you have.
Click the bottom to continue to complete the process and wait for the result in May 2024.
If you have any questions about any stage of applying do not hesitate and ask.