Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship in Canada 2024 Study in Canada
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2024 is a prestigious Canadian government scholarship aimed at attracting and retaining top doctoral students. This highly competitive scholarship program provides substantial financial support to exceptional students pursuing their doctoral studies in Canada.
The Vanier Scholarship is Towards a Doctoral Degree (Ph.D.) or Combined MA/PhD or MD/Ph.D. or Masters leading to Ph.D. and Ph.D. This Scholarship is Funded by the Government of Canada.
You will study at any of the Canadian universities which will be Funded by the Vanier Canada Scholarship. The Vanier CGS is valued at $50,000 per year for up to three years.
With a focus on academic excellence, leadership qualities, and research potential, the Vanier Scholarship offers recipients an opportunity to make significant contributions to their respective fields. This esteemed scholarship not only empowers students financially but also fosters a vibrant research community by encouraging collaboration and innovation among scholars.
The Government of Canada launched the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program in 2008 to strengthen Canada’s ability to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning.
The Vanier CGS scholarships in Canada are being administered by Canadian Government agencies: the Canadian Institute of Health Research, the National Science and Engineering Research Council, and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships is one of the Competitive Scholarship Programs for Masters leading to Ph.D. and Ph.D. 2024 in Canada is open for International Students which provides 166 scholarships for International Students for a range of Master’s Leading to Ph.D. and Ph.D. Degree courses at different universities in Canada aim at providing academically educated young professionals from worldwide students. About 166 Scholarships are available this year.
The Vanier scholars receive a $50,000 grant each year for three years. The program accommodates and supports up to 166 scholars annually. In return, these scholars and world-class bright minds help in creating an effective and innovative environment in Canadian universities, especially in Canada as a whole.
Vanier Scholars demonstrate leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering and health.
Vanier Scholarship 2024 retains the minds who have leadership qualities and demonstrate extraordinary educational achievements in the field of social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, engineering, and health-related fields. So, this Canadian post-graduate scholarship program picks up doctoral students on three criteria having equal weightage. The selection criteria are academic excellence, research potential, and leadership qualities.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2024 Details:
- Scholarship Host Country: Canada
- Funded By: Canadian Government
- Eligibility: All International & Domestic Students
- Scholarship Duration: 3 Years
- No of Scholarship: 166
- Deadline: November 1, 2023
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2024 Programs:
- Natural sciences
- Health research
- Social Sciences
- Engineering Research
- Humanities Research
Benefits of the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2024:
- A $ 50,000 grant will annually be given to the scholars for three years.
- Applicants may have a chance to pursue their Ph.D. in his/her own desired Canadian institutions.
- The studies of the applicant will be fully or partially funded based on his/her academic achievements, research proposal, and leadership qualities.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Eligibility to apply for a Vanier CGS
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you must:
- Be nominated by only one Canadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota.
- be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint program such as MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, or JD/PhD – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component).
- intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate research program such as MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating institution.
- have completed no more than 20 months of full-time study in your doctoral program as of May 1, 2024.
- The doctoral program would begin after the completion of a Master’s degree. The months of study completed are calculated from the doctoral enrolment date.
Have completed no more than 32 months of full-time study in your doctoral program (i.e., joint graduate research program, accelerated, previously enrolled without obtaining Master’s degree), by May 1, 2024 if:
- Enrolled in a joint graduate research program, e.g., MD/PhD, MA/PhD, DVM/PhD.
Applicants in this category have access to the 32-month window whether or not they were previously enrolled in a Master’s program:
- The months of study are calculated starting from the date on which an applicant is officially registered in the joint program (including the Master’s portion of the program).
- Enrolled directly from a Bachelor’s to a PhD (not previously enrolled in a Master’s program).
- The months of study completed are calculated from the doctoral enrolment date.
- Previously enrolled in a Master’s program without obtaining the degree.
- The months of study completed are calculated from the original Master’s enrolment date.
- Have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your institution, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent.
- Candidates are encouraged to contact the institution for its definition of a first-class average.
Must not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral program.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Application Procedures
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023/24 are to note that scholarships usually will follow a nominating process.
- July – November 2023: Applicants seek a nominating institution, prepare and submit application package.
- Internal Deadline (varies): Deadline to submit application to the nominating institution. Contact nominating institution for specific date.
- November 1, 2023 (20:00 EST): Deadline for institutions to submit nominations to the Vanier CGS program.
- November 2023 – March 2024: Review and evaluation of nominations.
- Early April 2024: Anticipated notification of results. Nominees will be notified by email when the results are available on Research Net.
How to Apply for Vanier Canada Scholarships:
- First of all confirm your eligibility for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships, then apply for a university mentioned in the Vanier Scholarship Universities list.
- After that, contact the faculty of graduate and inform about your interest in the Vanier Scholarship.
- Create a Canadian Common CV (CVV) and link it to the ResearchNet.
- Begin your ResearchNet application and fill the application according to the research interest.
- Visit the official website for further details.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Application Process:
- The candidates must begin the process by first researching Canadian institutions through the universities’ Canada websites.
- Ensure the Vanier CGS quota for the selected institution.
- Once the above-mentioned tasks are accomplished, complete the application given on the ResearcNet application form. Complete all the required steps for the Vanier CGS application in the ResearchNet form.
- The language of the application can be English or French.
- Follow the presentation standards given for the documents which are to be attached.
- Complete all the mandatory tasks.
- Before submitting your application stats must be complete.
- After submitting the application to nominating institute, the activity log will move to complete the activity. This application will not be modified in the future.
- If your application is returned to you on ResearchNet by the institution it will return with a revised date. You can edit your application and re-submit it.
- If the application is selected for nomination you will receive an automated email and ResearchNet about acknowledgment.
- If you do not receive any mail you can contact the institution for the status of your application.
Supporting Documents for the Vanier CGS 2024:
- A ResearchNet application form.
- A CV/Resume.
- Educational Documents
- References letters
- Proof of Language (if required)
- Summary of research interest
- Research proposal
- Other supporting if any.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Deadline
The application deadline to apply for the Government of Canada Vanier Graduate Scholarship 2024 is 1 November 2023.