FAO Paid Internship Program 2023 | Fully Funded
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) offers an Internship Program for international students to support agricultural development and food security through FAO services and programs.
If you are an international student interested in sustainable development, agricultural policy reform, rural economy, environmental management, or food security, you can apply for Internship Programs with FAO.
The FAO internship program aims to provide those interested in international development with a practical understanding of the work carried out at FAO, promoting interns’ experience in relevant issues related to global food production and sustainable agricultural development.
FAO offers a Paid Internship. Undergraduate, Graduate or Post-graduate degrees in different fields are welcome to contribute their knowledge and gain practical experience in their field of interest.
The FAO Internship Program is a learning opportunity. You can apply for any duty station across any country. In addition to its headquarters in Rome (Italy), FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide.
There is no need for any Language Test like IELTS/TOEFL. The duration of an internship assignment is between 3 and 11 months. Candidates should be between 21 and 30 at the start of their internship. Moreover, there are many other Internships open too. Detailed information about the Food and Agriculture Organization.
About FAO Paid Internship Program 2023
- Organization: FAO
- For: Undergraduate/Graduate/Post Graduate
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Fields: All majors.
FAO Paid Internship Program 2023 Financial Coverage
- Yes. Interns will receive a Stipend in local currency and not exceed US$ 700 per month.
- In this amount, the interns can easily manage the other expenses.
- Medical coverage related to service-incurred is also provided
FAO Paid Internship Program 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: candidates must be nationals of FAO Members.
- Education: candidates must be students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate or recent graduate.
- Languages: candidates must have a working knowledge of at least one FAO official language (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, or Russian).
- Age: Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30 at the start of their internship.
- Skills: candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment, have good communication skills, and be knowledgeable in the use of basic computer programs.
- Family relation: candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother, or father) employed by FAO under any type of contract are not eligible for the Internship Program.
Description of the FAO Paid Internship Program 2023
What are the fields of study required for the FAO Internship?
- Forestry and Animal Science
- Management and Finance
- International Affairs
- Society Studies
What are the tasks performed by the selected for the FAO Internship?
The activities performed vary according to the opening and the requirements of the different departments to which interns are allocated. However, generally speaking, the main duties are:
- Carry out research relevant to the agency’s activities.
- Write and review reports, documents, and publications.
- Provide administrative and operational support;
- Help organize events and conferences.
- Take part in training programs with other staff members.
What is the duration of the FAO Paid Internship Program 2023?
- The internship period ranges from at least 3 months to 6 months at most.
How to Apply for FAO Paid Internship Program 2023
- Visit FAO Internship Website here
- After visiting, click on the sidebar on the internship tab
- Check if your country is eligible here