FAO Hungarian Government Scholarship for Foreign Students 2023 | Fully Funded
FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship 2023/2024: The FAO-Hungary scholarship program enables a select group of young professionals to undertake master’s level studies in English at one of Hungary’s agricultural universities.
FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship 2022-23: Applicants who wish to advance their career by enrolling in an Agricultural science-related master’s program are invited to apply for the FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship 2022-23. The scholarship seeks to support students from eligible countries with the basic funding required to undertake postgraduate studies in Hungary.
Hungary scholarship for international students is an excellent opportunity for students looking for a funded master’s opportunity. The FAO Hungarian Government Scholarship includes two programs for masters in the English language, i.e., Master in Agricultural Water Management Engineering and Master in Biotechnology.
The master’s degree scholarship in Europe is available for graduates seeking to continue their Master’s specialization in food and quality engineering. FAO is a leading organization that is making efforts to defeat global hunger.
Students pursuing their master’s in any of these programs at the Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences are eligible for this fully funded scholarship. It is a merit-based scholarship. International students with the excellent academic record are welcome.
The selection process is very competitive. Selection is made in two phases. In the first phase, FAO will preview the applicants and apply with complete documents to the Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary. Then these applications are transferred to the university. The university will finalize the selected applicant without FAO involvement.
Hungary is an excellent choice for students seeking a high-quality education in a vibrant and culturally rich country. Hungarian universities have a long history of academic excellence and they offer a wide range of programs in fields such as Medicine, engineering, business, and the humanities.
The scholarship for international students aims at cultivating your dreams on the bricks of reality. This opportunity is free from discrimination; people from every religion, race, gender, and socio-economic background are eligible for this scholarship.
The country is also known for its beautiful architecture, rich history, and delicious cuisine, making it an ideal place to explore and experience new things.
Furthermore, Hungary is a member of the European Union and the Schengen Area, allowing for easy travel and study opportunities throughout Europe. Furthermore, Hungary is home to many international student communities, making it a welcoming and inclusive environment for students from all over the world.
FAO Hungarian Government Scholarship 2023-2024:
The Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Buda Campus, Budapest
Master’s Degree Program
The duration of the FAO Hungary Scholarship 2023-24 is till 22 months.
Aim and Benefits of FAO–Hungarian Government Scholarship Program
The scholarship covers student costs only; family members are not supported within the frame of this program.
The scholarship will cover:
- Application and tuition fees throughout the study period with basic books and notes.
- Dormitory accommodation.
- Subsistence costs.
- Health insurance.
FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship 2023-24 | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship 2023-24, applicants must:
- Applicants must be citizen residents in one of the eligible countries at the time of application.
- Applicants must have excellent school achievements.
- Applicants must have obtained a good bachelor’s degree in relevant courses from a recognized university.
- Applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, North Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Republic of Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North Korea, State of Palestine, the Philippines, Republic of Cabo Verde, Serbia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
Interview date, Process, and Venue for FAO–Hungarian Government Scholarship Program
Selection Procedure: The FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship selection process as described below applies to scholarships beginning in September 2023.
Student selection will take place in two phases:
- Phase 1: FAO will pre-screen candidates and submit applications to the Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary which will send them to the corresponding University as chosen by the 2 applicants. Students must submit only COMPLETED dossiers. Incomplete dossiers will not be considered. Files without names will not be processed.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates may be asked to take a written or oral English examination as part of the admission procedure. The participating Universities will run a further selection process and inform each of the successful candidates. Student selection will be made by the Universities only, without any involvement on the part of FAO. Selected students will also be notified by the Ministry.
The application process for the FAO Hungarian government scholarship 2023-2024 is online.
- Applicants apply through an application form.
- Applicants must send all the required documents for the Hungary scholarship 2023-2024 in a single file through email.
- Applicant should complete the form carefully and attach the required documents file. Then email it to [email protected].
- FAO will screen the applicants and send them to the Ministry of Agriculture Hungary, which is further transferred to the university.
- After receiving applications, the selected applicants may be asked for an oral or written examination.
- The last date for application submission and documents for the FAO Hungarian Government Scholarship Program is 28 February 2023.
FAO Hungarian Government Scholarship Required Documents
Application form duly completed (Please click here to download the form).
- A recent curriculum vitae.
- A copy of the high school/college diploma and transcript/report of study or copy of the diploma attachment.
- A copy of the certificate of proficiency in English.
- Copies of relevant pages of passport showing expiration date and passport number.
- A letter of recommendation.
- Statement of motivation.
- Health Certificate issued by Medical Doctor.
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by the local police authority.